Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday morning

(How did it get to Sunday morning?) The AGM in Brighton was terrific. What a lovely and passionate bunch of artists! I wish we had had more time.  Yesterday, I met up with trekking friend Liz and we had a great catchup as well. The Requiem was disappointing as the choir was not in sync with each other. Rather irritating. I bailed early and hiked it back to the hostel and a badly needed night of sleep. There’s an obvious American pretending to be whatever is not in the room. Canadian until I showed up and then German. The young woman from Taiwan is just lovely, though!

The bells of St Paul’s are in full force as the 11AM service will start shortly. I have the Tate Modern, just a short jaunt from here, and/or the Tate Britain on my agenda. The later is a considerable walk, which means, having done 17k yesterday, why, I might hop on a bus.... at least to get there. I can meander home. Whiskey shops abound, and I finally found the one I was looking for in Soho. Gotta go back there as well.

Hope you have a splendid day! xo

No comments: