Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thursday

National Gallery and then the train to Brighton. Not before I had a bite to eat and a long chat with a like-minded traveler who has been to Nepal. So many things did not have to be said... we both cried once we reached our vertical goals. Mine was higher, but I'm not competitive. (right...)

Everything is in bloom here and a lush green dominates up the ground to track side. I have been watching my sister-in-law and brother's photos for the past two weeks (they are over here as well), and am not surprised by this, so I haven't taken photos. My bad. They are now in the the Isle of Skye while I am in the south for 2 days. We, as a family,  are spread albout as thin as a tourist or 3 can be in the UK! 

The train took about 1.5 hours travel time this afternoon, then the huge, free Brighton map found me on North Street before I could check the sign! Everything is really close, and it's a pretty town. I will over estimate the amount of time necessary to return to the station, but that is good. Cobble stones are not friendly to carry on luggage wheels, and there is a hill to climb for an early morning departure. I didn't think that one through! The hostel is gorgeous. And 2 buildings deep from the beach. Seriously friendly people and like London without the blue suits, crowded just the same. I "get" where some people might find Toronto dense compared to other locales in Canada. 

By the time I upload this, I will have met my batik people! The AGM is tomorrow for the Guild, then a second meal and the train. I have a lower bunk this time at the hostel but that did not stop me from hitting my head on the nearest metal and horizontal structure when I arrived.  It's going to be the "trip of hitting my head..." 

OK. Off to meet my people. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: