Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What day is it?

After my 9AM nap, I wandered over to The Imperial War Museum, a lovely walk south, which had a sobering and very impressive holocaust exhibit. Then, on my way to an evening out, I took in some of the Tate Modern. Had a lovely little vegan lunch in-between. In a roundabout way, I found the a new and small theatre for a one-woman play about Goebbel’s secretary during the war. Set in the present, she recalled her youth and those times, in character with a little memory loss. The last time I saw her was with Mom in 2003, sharing the stage with Judi Dench. Riveting. I couldn’t remember those lines let alone talk for that long (1.45 minutes) without a break or a drink of water, but she held us in the palm of her hand. And that is why she is a Dame. Smith, that is. Maggie Smith. Trip highlight! I’m stunned I was able to see her again. Put an invigorating 15k on the soles of my feet.

Off to Brighton on the train tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days and the trip’s true mission; the Batik Guild’s AGM. I’ve met some of these women over Messenger but only Rosi in person. So, I’m quite looking forward to this! Then, back here for a few days, though I hardly know why, having enjoyed tonight so much! But there’s the Tate Britain and the National Gallery to go, and probably a trip back to the Modern.

No comments: